All members of SMF, I just wanted to thank everyone....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
I just wanted to say thanks to all the folks who take time to take pics and post their notes on this forum.

With all this documentation done by the SMF members, it greatly reduces the learning curve for others, The forum members all benefit from you taking the time to photograph and painstakingly document everything and the trade off is, getting bragging rights for a job well done and/or the thought you may have saved a fellow member from disaster by posting a fail.

I know how hard it is to take a picture every step of the way while working with raw foods, especially when you have no assistant, you wash your hands between every shot, position the food in such a way that you get your point across, you painstakingly make every one wait to sample the food because the camera always gets the first look at your wonderful "Q", the ribbing you get from your wife and family as you spend more times photographing your food than your family.

So keep up the good work and keep them Q-Views coming ...even the fails!

Well done!

Boy you sure get some stares in the middle of a dinner party when you pull out the camera & start taking pics of the food. Around here all the neighbors &  our friends expect it now & they even want to pose with the food. All of the guys who contribute to this site have made it easy for the rest of us to advance in our cooking & smoking very quickly. If we had to learn what we have learned here on our own, it would take years & maybe even would be impossible to reach the level we all have reached in such a very short time. If I had not found this site I think there is a really good chance that I would have given up smoking as just too hard to master. There is just too much info that you need to be successful, and the great thing is it's all here for us to use. Any question that I have ever asked was answered in detail, by more than one of you. The best part is we have guys like Pops & bbally who are experts in food safety & meat processing. Thanks to all of you!

X2

Boy you sure get some stares in the middle of a dinner party when you pull out the camera & start taking pics of the food. Around here all the neighbors &  our friends expect it now & they even want to pose with the food. All of the guys who contribute to this site have made it easy for the rest of us to advance in our cooking & smoking very quickly. If we had to learn what we have learned here on our own, it would take years & maybe even would be impossible to reach the level we all have reached in such a very short time. If I had not found this site I think there is a really good chance that I would have given up smoking as just too hard to master. There is just too much info that you need to be successful, and the great thing is it's all here for us to use. Any question that I have ever asked was answered in detail, by more than one of you. The best part is we have guys like Pops & bbally who are experts in food safety & meat processing. Thanks to all of you!

Thanks Squib, have fun and if you need any help[, just holler,someone will hop up and answer you
biggrin.gif

Just have fun and...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky