Akorn Questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

golfpro2301

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I have been playing around with the new akorn getting to know its personality a little better. One thing I don't like is when I use a heat deflector ( I Use the BGE one ) the temp on the outside of the grate differs greatly from the direct center. This is fine if I have a butt in the center but with ribs the edges will cook much quicker than the center. I have seen a few people use large metal pizza pans that have only an inch gap on the edge but how much heat will this actually deflect compared to the ceramic stones? I didn't get an actual temp difference but I estimate with a water pan on top of the deflector and the middle of the grate at 225* I bet the outside edges are around the 260* mark.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky