Air fryer chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
The best use of your air fryer is making this air fryer chicken! The meat is juicy and the skin is extra crispy!

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes

1.5 lb fresh chicken, giblets/neck removed
2 tbsp Avacado oil (you may sub Olive Oil, but can smoke more)
1 tbsp salt* (eliminate if on a salt free diet)
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme

Combine all the ingredients with the oil to make a paste and spread all over the chicken.
Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the chicken breast side down and cook at 360° for 30 minutes.
Flip the chicken to breast side up and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Check the internal temp to 165°, remove, carve and serve!

Yup---Pops is right---Chicken is one of the best things to Air Fry!!
I'd like to see the Pic too---All I've done so far on Chicken is Parts---Many of them!!

Bear

1.5 pounds? Was that a Cornish Game Hen? The smallest bird locally is 3-4 pound Broiler/Fryers. The most common are 6 to 8 pound Roasters...JJ

Reactions: fivetricks
It was a 4 lb fryer, not 1.5 lb. My error. No pics taken, broke my camera and iphone works like crap. I apologize!

The best use of your air fryer is making this air fryer chicken! The meat is juicy and the skin is extra crispy!

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes

1.5 lb fresh chicken, giblets/neck removed
2 tbsp Avacado oil (you may sub Olive Oil, but can smoke more)
1 tbsp salt* (eliminate if on a salt free diet)
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme

Combine all the ingredients with the oil to make a paste and spread all over the chicken.
Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the chicken breast side down and cook at 360° for 30 minutes.
Flip the chicken to breast side up and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Check the internal temp to 165°, remove, carve and serve!

I'm glad to see people have written about the air fryer in here. I just got one and did chicken twice. I love it!!! I've also done pork loin and made kale chips (3 mins) I'm looking for a good cut of beef to try. I have a feeling chucks will be tough which unfortunately is the easiest thing to get around where I live.

Oh I also did bacon. Only takes about 10 mins and that was the thick cut.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky