AHHHHHH Help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gethenet

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
Racine, Wisconsin
I started my butt around 7:30...all was looking good...Just looked out..and saw the Dreae\ded WHITE SMOKE!!!....What can I do to get the TBS again???
eek.gif

Had that happen to me once, had too many chipps in the pan and the flame cranked way too high. tossed the chips out, turned the flame down and cut the air back and was able to salvage it.

Don't remember what you are using for equipment, your getting to much heat to your smoking wood, either pull out some wood, move it away from the heat so it is back to smoldering rather then burning. You can also preburn your wood so it is more like charcoal or lump. Good luck, hope this helps. Oh you might also choke off the air to the wood chips some if your temps are runnin to high.

temp is running pretty steady...Just checked to see if chips were burning...there not.. can't really get the water pan out to get to the chips..and the side door...is useless

a little white smoke never hurt.. mine will always belch white smoke till the wood settles down and starts charring

well I guess im just going to have to let it..and hope it works it way out...Chips are not on fire...so I guess thats a plus

What Line said. Relax...as the wood chars it'll settle down to thin blue. And more important..if you smell smoke, yer smoking. Be stingy with the wood, and add small amounts.

Looking good! I always end up with too much white smoke but when you are doing butts it never hurts because of the length of the smoke. I can smell the smoke here.

As Rich said, relax, grab your favorite adult beverage, cut back on how much wood you use. There are so many variable. There are times when I have one chunk of wood and it creates white smoke and there are times when I have three chunks in and its tbs heaven.

Even though it's white as long as it's not billowing thick white smoke continuously you'll be fine.

I have done the same thing...just like everyone else said, the fire is too hot. I had that happen a couple of times when I first started before I figured out I had to cool the coals. Good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky