After one fattie, we are hooked! W/ Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sweet_magnolia

Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
This was only our second smoke. When I discovered fatties and ABTs on here I couldn't wait to try them! So, Saturday, we smoked a fattie with some ABTs for lunch and then ribs and more ABTs for dinner. I filled the fattie with mushrooms, scrambled eggs and cheese. I wasn't brave enough to try the bacon weave....YET
icon_smile.gif
We were very happy with how it all turned out! I think I feel my arteries clogging as I type, but it was worth every bite!

l_44d392d598f6c6d0f4a773e2b1d70dd0.jpg

l_c44d5bf9929f1d551de80e874f3ade82.jpg

l_5c8e56d8b9199d6f609cb47fc7ec04c0.jpg

l_000b23b5cb60f96c9ab9e58ad35b94fe.jpg

l_621fc25741349eb4c6145023dbec263f.jpg

Very nice job on yer first fatties!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I'd kill for one of those ABTs right about now!!!

Thanks, everyone! I just can't tell you how much I've learned from here! There's so many good recipes and ideas that are being shared. It's awesome!

And another one bites the fattie, as a new awareness over takes your sences keep in mind that there is no way back into sanity

Nice Q-view
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Beautiful Fatty! Job well done.

When are the meetings? Is it a 12 step program? Another one bites the Fatty! The endless possibilities . . . . a different dinner every night.

Has anyone tried wrapping them in turkey bacon - the Blond Tornado won't touch pork, ya know.

lol yeah once your friends and family taste a fatty - you're stuffed (as well as the fatty). There's no going back.

What you can try are smaller fatties - I did some with 8oz sausage meat. Also make your own sausage meat, that way you can keep the fat down and not feel quite so guilty about eating them :-)

'turkey bacon' two words that ought never be uttered where decent men and women gather to eat lol.
You really don't want to know what goes into that crap - but try cooking your fatties without bacon - naked as it were. Works just as well - tastes just as good :-)
If the blonde tornado won't touch pork, try making a beef and turkey thigh sausage meat. the turkey thigh has similiar properties to pork and should keep the sausage meat succulent :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky