After one fattie, we are hooked! W/ Qview

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by sweet_magnolia, Sep 16, 2008.

1. This was only our second smoke. When I discovered fatties and ABTs on here I couldn't wait to try them! So, Saturday, we smoked a fattie with some ABTs for lunch and then ribs and more ABTs for dinner. I filled the fattie with mushrooms, scrambled eggs and cheese. I wasn't brave enough to try the bacon weave....YET [​IMG] We were very happy with how it all turned out! I think I feel my arteries clogging as I type, but it was worth every bite!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. muscleoverimport69

muscleoverimport69 Smoke Blower

Your making me hungry. How do you make fatties and what does ABTs stand for? Again those look really good.

3. guvna

guvna Smoking Fanatic

very nice! i see you like your abt's spicy. welcome to the mad house and keep the view coming!

4. guvna

guvna Smoking Fanatic

try looking in the Smoking Meat (and other things) section...

5. grothe

grothe Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Very nice job on yer first fatties!![​IMG]
    I'd kill for one of those ABTs right about now!!!

6. wutang

wutang Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

7. muscleoverimport69

muscleoverimport69 Smoke Blower

Thanks guys. I cant wait to try one now!!!!!

8. Thanks, everyone! I just can't tell you how much I've learned from here! There's so many good recipes and ideas that are being shared. It's awesome!

9. vlap

vlap Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks very good!

10. wutang

wutang Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looking good, and you will definately be hooked.

11. chef_boy812

chef_boy812 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

And another one bites the fattie, as a new awareness over takes your sences keep in mind that there is no way back into sanity

Nice Q-view[​IMG]

12. blacklab

blacklab Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Looks great!

13. brandsbay

brandsbay Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

mmmmmmmmmmmm FATTYS,geat looking Qview.

14. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yep it's a great place! Nice work, BTW...[​IMG]

15. Beautiful Fatty! Job well done.

When are the meetings? Is it a 12 step program? Another one bites the Fatty! The endless possibilities . . . . a different dinner every night.

Has anyone tried wrapping them in turkey bacon - the Blond Tornado won't touch pork, ya know.

16. lol yeah once your friends and family taste a fatty - you're stuffed (as well as the fatty). There's no going back.

What you can try are smaller fatties - I did some with 8oz sausage meat. Also make your own sausage meat, that way you can keep the fat down and not feel quite so guilty about eating them :)

'turkey bacon' two words that ought never be uttered where decent men and women gather to eat lol.
    You really don't want to know what goes into that crap - but try cooking your fatties without bacon - naked as it were. Works just as well - tastes just as good :)
    If the blonde tornado won't touch pork, try making a beef and turkey thigh sausage meat. the turkey thigh has similiar properties to pork and should keep the sausage meat succulent :)