Advice request on hindquarters and another smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dmack

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Iowa
Heading out on a fishing trip later this week. I plan on bringing plenty of meat.Tomorrow I want to do a bunch of chicken hindquarters. I'm planning on brining tonight and then smoking tomorrow. Anything I need to know about smoking hindquarters-do you recommend skinning them? Should I flip them part way through? Anything else you think might help. I guess I plan on just using olive oil and some lemon pepper right before the smoke.
Also, I will be doing a brisket and pulled pork to take with. I want to do them at the same time (not with the chicken). I suppose I need to pick up another thermometer one for each. Now the juice I usually use is from my water pan and the foil. This time the juice will be coming from both the pork and brisket-should I just use the juice from inside the foil? Again any tips on my first 2 meat smoke would be appreciated. By the way I use a GOSM widebody.

dmack

olive oil and just plain season all is super great as well on the ckn 1/4s!!! alum foil pans under the butt and the brisket. you want to catch all the drippings from the brisket, i made a finishing sauce with some broth and ap cider vinegar.

Your fishing group may never get a pole in the water if you take to much good grub. Good luck.

I don't, just to keep in the moisture. Leave skin on and if you want to crisp them up throw them on the grill for finishing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky