ADVICE: Pulled Pork storage..smoking today but party next weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pne123

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
We are throwing a party next weekend and serving pulled pork. My GOSM can only do 2 butts at a time. I am doing 2 today and 2 next friday for the party on saturday. My question is storage of the 2 being smoked today. We are going to freeze the meat and thaw prior to the party. Should I pull it the meat now when it is hot or freeze the butt unpulled and pull cold and the heat? I am going to use a finish sauce and save the fluids from when it is wrapped. I think i should pull it, add the juice and sauce then freeze. To reheat just thaw and put in a warmer. does that sound about right?

You want to pull it today. I would seal in food saver bags then next weekend reheat by putting the foodsaver bags in boiling water. A crockpot would work too. Good luck and I cant wait to see pics of the event.

Thanks for the replies. I am at 150deg so i have a long time to go. The smoke spam i put in was delicious.

Yes pull now and freeze. I use the boiling trick my self. Good luck with the party.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky