Advice on a smoker for a rookie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chicano smoked

Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Southern Cali
Hello everybody.I recently got interested in smoking meats..Ive been grillin using propane and charcoal grills for over 15yrs and have gotten quite good at it..Ive looked at videos and feel like i can smoke..Man some of these smokers are expensive as of right now an oklahoma joe seems around my budget..Would like some input from veteran smokers on the oklahoma joes for a brand new rookie like myself..thanks

I have the older Oklahoma joe and I wouldn't trade it for any other smoker...the only thing I can say about the new ones is the metal just isn't as thick as it used to be...nothing a little high temp caulk won't fix

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky