Added pic My first reverse flow smoker build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not the best pic. I wish I would have gotten one right off the smoker. I was in a hurry we decided to go visit my girlfriend’s friend and husband before the friend has their baby in a few days. So we took dinner also. Bacon was perfectly cooked not over or under done and the meatloaf was very moist. Over all very good dinner. The baked potatoes with butter and garlic wrapped in foil and in the smoker was the side. They were perfect also. Messed with vents as advised in earlier posts. Temp was more under control and coal bed lasted way longer. I think I am getting on to it. Also the CC was way closer in temps too to bottom and side to side only had about a 30 degree difference top and bottom versus 60-70 before.

Attachments

• IMG_4510.jpeg
    IMG_4510.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Not the best pic. I wish I would have gotten one right off the smoker. I was in a hurry we decided to go visit my girlfriend’s friend and husband before the friend has their baby in a few days. So we took dinner also. Bacon was perfectly cooked not over or under done and the meatloaf was very moist. Over all very good dinner. The baked potatoes with butter and garlic wrapped in foil and in the smoker was the side. They were perfect also. Messed with vents as advised in earlier posts. Temp was more under control and coal bed lasted way longer. I think I am getting on to it. Also the CC was way closer in temps too to bottom and side to side only had about a 30 degree difference top and bottom versus 60-70 before.
Oh man yeah....giving me a chance to use that 🤤 emoji! Looks good.

Jim

First off Happy Father’s Day to whoever see this. I think I am getting the hang of the smoker. Spatchcock chicken and a ritz cracker take on jalapeño poppers. It all turned out awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_4537.jpeg
    IMG_4537.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4536.jpeg
    IMG_4536.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 12
Probably be my last post in this thread. Holy smoker is in its final resting place. It’s been a ton of work start to finish. I want to thank everyone involved with help and ideas on my questions. I will try to remember to post pics in the food section. My last few cooks where crazy with friends family and my daughters knee surgery. She doing well also. So sorry for that lacking updated on those cooks. I hope this can help someone in the future also. I will say this if I was to build one this size again. I need a bigger area to work and it needs to be on a trailer. lol I built this in a 24’x12’ shed with stuff in it also lol. The smoker is 8.5’ x 5’ wide so really not a ton of room to work in but I managed. The shed is finally all cleaned up from the grinding dust and metal shavings and bits all over.

Attachments

• IMG_4562.jpeg
    IMG_4562.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky