actual customer service

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crawdaddy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I know, I don't post much but I am around usually. I might throw some q-view up from my son's bday party this past weekend even....anyway.....long story short just before getting ready for my 'big smoke' my thermometer finally gave up the ghost. It had been very picky lately but now just wouldn't read at all, read either hi or low temp. I found my paperwork and called the company to see what a replacement probe would cost. (After ordering an ET-7 in the meantime) The lady asked what model I had and is sending out a replacement probe...... shipped to HI for free.
It is hard to find customer service these days so I am passing this along. MODS - feel free to remove what might be seen as advertising but if anyone else has the same problem as me...it was an AcuRite thermometer model 00869.

I see it as product / service review. Thanks for sharing this information with us crawdaddy. We'd love to see all the Q-view you have to share too.

Thanks again!

crawdaddy...........thats so kewl........its bout time someone backs up their product.........now if Ron50 can get that kind of service...........

Seems I've noticed that the last several months through boards and posts that customer service has taken a turn toward the consumer. In these times where sales count even more, maybe the manufacturers are waking up. I hope to see this type of thing continue - it's just good business to me.

crawdaddy
Great reveiw and report in customer service.

WD
The oil companies do not have a fear in the lack of customers....

I have a "Oregon Scientific" modelAW129 and my probe started reading 100 degrees higher then it should of.I called them up and they said they would send me out a new probe within 5 to 6 weeks,it's been 4 weeks now.
I asked them if I should return it to Bass Pro since that's where I bought it,and he said don't do that or you'll end up with the same problem again.
He told me that the one they're sending out is better then the one that comes with the original set.
I didn't think of it until after I got off the phone to ask him why they just don't put the better one in the set begin with.
Well they're sending it with no charge for shipping so I guess I can't complain to much.
I have two other thermometers which is good so I can keep smoking while I'm waiting for the other probe.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky