accidental ham

Discussion in 'Pork' started by gypsyseagod, Jul 30, 2007.

1. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

ok so... my b-day cook last monday i did a pork shoulder- took it to 140-150 trimmed a bit off & wrapped fridged it until today- lots of things going on etc. short story long- actually fergot it was in the fridge(i cook a lot) wrapped & stored @ 40 deg.for 6 days(w/ the left over brisk)heated tent/foil w/ a bit of juice @ 325 for 2 hrs to pull & i made a cut- wham it's hickory ham.. see 4 yourself. http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...od/food%20pix/ i know i know - never done ham on purpose but it was cooked fully & tasted like a hick(not a hillbilly) smoked ham. p.s. thats the left over brisk on the next pic.

2. chris_harper

chris_harper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

that brisket sure looks good. accidental ham, eh. i bet it tasted good though.

3. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

i swear, it tastes better than eckridge,tyson,etc... it's ham i tell ya lol.

4. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

SOunds like you accidentally brined it somehow. Well ya never know. Something cured it. Looks good!

5. navionjim

navionjim Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

know i know - never done ham on purpose but it was cooked fully & tasted like a hick(not a hillbilly) smoked ham. p.s. thats the left over brisk on the next pic.[/quote]

I did that with a loin when I was trying to make Canadian bacon, it didn't quite qualify as bacon, but made a damn fine ham!