Acacia Wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tyglover

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
Southern California

Picked up 2 truckloads of black acacia. It has a beautiful and extremely tight grain. Would make beautiful lumber. Anyway, I have read up on it and people have said it has a similar flavor to mesquite but I'm wondering if any of you have had luck with it. I'm not gonna be using until next summer, but if it's horrible, it'll make great firewood. 

Thanks guys!

Tyler

Acacia is one of the greatest smoking woods, in my opinion, for all kinds of meat. Since I began this thread, I've smoked beef, pork, poultry, fish, even quick smokes on vegetables, and the flavor has been incredible. Highly recommend this type of wood to cook with. Lighter flavor than its more well known mesquite cousin.

It's probably the best smoke for sausages and ribs!

Acacia is one of the greatest smoking woods, in my opinion, for all kinds of meat. Since I began this thread, I've smoked beef, pork, poultry, fish, even quick smokes on vegetables, and the flavor has been incredible. Highly recommend this type of wood to cook with. Lighter flavor than its more well known mesquite cousin.

It's probably the best smoke for sausages and ribs!
Is this the kind of acacia do you use
e7708d12deaf3fc65d64893b18a8b008.jpg

Attachments

• Acacia.jpg
    Acacia.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 23
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky