AC Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
YUMMMM
Looks-Great.gif

I have been doing recipes for a long time and very recent that I get into the pre-prepped stuff.  Is the 116 a spice/seasoning mix?  Don't recall seeing it at Bass Pro, who carries it?  Also, I am intersted in your 70 day method.  I just did up a batch of salami and put some aside for that.  Letting it deep freeze to kill off anything in the pork fat before I start but nothing ventured... they look tasty and I am looking for a bett method/recipe so gonna have to try this.

Pat

Cowboy, et al, I get the snack size casings at BP.  May not be as good a price but similar nonetheless.  Course, never thought of buying in bulk and with a hobby like this... heh.

Buttermilk powder has whey which acts as a binder and lactic acid that will give a slight tang but not as much as f-rm-52 AKA Bactoferm.

I have been doing recipes for a long time and very recent that I get into the pre-prepped stuff.  Is the 116 a spice/seasoning mix?  Don't recall seeing it at Bass Pro, who carries it?  Also, I am intersted in your 70 day method.  I just did up a batch of salami and put some aside for that.  Letting it deep freeze to kill off anything in the pork fat before I start but nothing ventured... they look tasty and I am looking for a bett method/recipe so gonna have to try this.

Pat

If your asking about my 70 days for dry fermented salami?

ACLEGGS Stick seasoning #116 is not carried at BPS, Cabelas, Gander or Academy. I buy my AC Mixes at a Meadow Creek. BBQ In New Holland, PA. You can find AC mixes online or case buys on the AC site.

Oh man, I love this stuff.  It looks wonderful.  Just give me 3 or 4 sticks on a plate with a bit of spicy honey mustard dipping sauce and wheel me over to where I can watch the sun set.  A person's day couldn't end any better.

These look awesome.  I do have a question on cure though.  Does it come with the snack stick seasoning or is it something you purchase on the side?  Is it simply Morton's tender quick or will that work?  Thanks for the help

These look awesome.  I do have a question on cure though.  Does it come with the snack stick seasoning or is it something you purchase on the side?  Is it simply Morton's tender quick or will that work?  Thanks for the help

No

You need to buy cure 1 or MTQ. Cure 1 can be purchased at TSM, LEM, Gander Mtn, BPS and many other online stores. Cure is in the stores at BPS and Gander.

Cure 1 and MTQ are different types of cure and not advised to mix together.

Lots of folks use MTQ. IMHO Cure 1 is the best way to go.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky