Abts

Discussion in 'Pork' started by phinfan, Aug 20, 2007.

1. phinfan

phinfan Smoke Blower

hello

I tried some abts about a week ago. Some were hot , some not so hot. Much of the heat comes with the seeds, is that right? Obviously you need to clean them out before stuffing with cheese, so do I leave some of the seeds in or what?

thanks

2. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Less seeds and membrane inside the pod is less heat!!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

3. geek with fire

geek with fire Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Personally, I don't like the seeds. I can handle the heat (most of the time), but the seeds leave a bitter taste. I remove the seeds and scrape the inner layer of the pepper with a spoon. Leaves all of the great taste and cuts down on the heat.

4. crownovercoke

crownovercoke Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

The membrane is the white portion that is raised inside the pepper. That contains the heat...

I have found however if you want more heat[​IMG] Vacuume seal the peppers and freeze them for a week or two... I set my self on fire last weekend
    [​IMG]

5. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

I'm not crazy about the seeds smoked either. I like them pickled but smoked they are bitter.

6. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

My experience with any hot pepper is that some are just plain hotter than others. I have cleaned them all the same and experience this.

7. phinfan

phinfan Smoke Blower

thanks to all. I'll let you know how the got as far as the heat.

8. phinfan

phinfan Smoke Blower

Only ate about 3, because I made them for someone else, but the heat in the ones I ate were average. I wasn't to critical about getting all the seeds and membrane out. I'll see what the ones who eat them say.