ABT's + Bison bleu cheese pretzel burgers = amazing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

man bear pig

Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
So I decided to try my hand at making ABTs for the first time along with some burgers. The ABTs turned out ok but the burgers stole the show. Here's what I did.

Decided to use sweet peppers stuffed with chorizo, goat cheese, and queso fresco. I used a 2:1 pork to beef chorizo mix this time.

I mixed all of the chorizo and cheeses together, julienned some habeñeros, and stuffed all of the peppers with the mix, putting a little bit of the habeñeros in each.

y9ada8ez.jpg

Added bacon

3uru6abu.jpg

And fired up the traeger

asu6yhy8.jpg

ymuduher.jpg

And now the burgers!

I used a 50:50 mix of 85:15 grass fed ground beef and bison, adding my leftover queso fresco to make sure it didn't dry out

ezumy5u9.jpg

a7e8agu7.jpg

Then I toasted the buns, cleaned the lettuce, and sliced the tomatoes

bepeda6e.jpg

e7amejy5.jpg

ata3ehez.jpg

Once I grilled up the burgers I spread some of this bleu cheese dressing on them and added the veggies.

umuqydys.jpg

I think they came out pretty amazing, ill definitely be making the burgers again, although I don't think I'm going to over film the ABTs next time so they cook faster.

Here's the finished ABTs (forgot to add them to the above post)

vuba6asy.jpg

I also made some habeñero ABTs with some leftover chorizo, i liked those a lot better than the sweet peppers.

7unahu8u.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky