ABT Shooter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 29, 2006
Peculiar, MO
Did a batch of ABT's, which, naturally, turned out great.
Here is how I filled them. Jerky shooter is available at Wal*Mart, about $20. Works like a champ, use the jerky stick maker tube attachment.
Barely got a pic of finished ABT's, they were going fast with cold beer. Pizza pan is 257 years old.
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

Forgot. This was part of the first smoke in the new GOSM 3405BGW I won at the 1st Annual SMF Round-Up. Nice smoker!
a99658aa_vbattach13055.jpg

544ae603_vbattach13053.jpg

6f61611a_vbattach13054.jpg

I'm going camping next weekend and I'm gonna attempt the ABT's but I have two questions. Does the cream cheese heat up and drain out of the pepper or does it stay firm? Also, is there an ABT holder or something that can be made into a holder?

Nope, it stays in the pepper.
OzarkRT gave you a link to an outfit selling holders, order one up. They ain't cheap, but they are stainless. Lowe's carries a simple ABT rack, but they were out of stock most times I have been there.

Cool tool!!
I wonder if they carry them up here in Canada?
I'll have to see since I'm a "gadget junkie".
I did ABT's for my first smoke in my new GOSM 3605G also.
I stuffed mine with cream cheese,rib rub,and previously smoked Hot Italian Sausage. Yummy!
Nice pizza pan too! Looks like you almost got it broke in!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Stuffed them with onion & chive cream cheese with shredded colby & Monterey jack mixed in.
Couple pizzas been across that pan, think it was a wedding gift 35 years ago.
PDT_Armataz_01_08.gif

A quick holder can be made by taking a throw-away alu. pan and turning it up side down. Take a something and make nickle to quarter size holes in it and sit your pepper in, smoke and enjoy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky