A tribute to Wutang's sausage making. w/ Qview.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokey mo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 18, 2009
North Oregon Coast
Wutang make killer sausage...period! My maiden voyage in sausage stuffing was a good turn of events. This is the second time I have made his Chipotle Lime Chicken Sausage. I picked up some fresh collogen casings from American Spice Co. online. I made the sausage and began stuffing.

The KitchenAide IMHO may not be the best thing to do this with. It seemed to labor and mushed the sausage a little too much for my likeing.

I got great flavor and smoke just a wierd texture. So here come the Qviews...

Looks like it turned out good. Great first try.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Truely amasing sausage you have there. Now I would really like to be there for the finish of that smoke. For all the good yummies sausage and fattie. Not a whole lot better then that.

Those look great. I may have to put that on the to do list. (where am I going to find the time for all the smoking on my to do list?)

Sorry  Paul I didn't see this in my list to check out.

This is what I used.

The basic recipe
3 lbs boneless/skinless chicken thighs
3 TBSP oats
2 large chipotles in adobo sauce, diced up
zest of 3 limes
juice of 3 limes
2 tsp Southwest seasoning blend
1 palm fresh minced cilantro
1 tsp kosher salt

Cut the meat into chunks, partially frozen. Then blended in the seasonings.

IMHO I would use a larger die to cut for better texture.  I only have a kitchen aid that is getting on 10yrs old. Good luck.

Rick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky