A tale of two chuckies.... and some corned beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
So today is the maiden voyage of my new WSM 22", decided to break it in with a couple of chuckies and a couple of corned beef points I had in the fridge.

I have to say getting the WSM set up and up to temp was very easy, and it has been holding 250° steady with no fuss for about 3 hrs.

I will have some Qview up in a bit.
biggrin.gif

OK.. here is the Qview!

The smoke started out with a "traffic" jam infront of the sliding door to the patio..... apperantly there was a log in the middle of the road... heh-heh.

Got the WSM fired up and put together... starting the TBS and waiting for temps to come up.

Decided to break in the new smoker with a couple of chuckies and a couple of corned beef left over from St. Patti's day.

Here they are at about 3 hrs. Chuckies were at 165 and ready to foil, Corned beef tips were at 180° so I pulled and foiled them and put in the cooler.

Corned beef was rubbed with a mix of coars cracked pepper, garlic powder, and the spice packet that comes with them - they are sliced and vacuumed packed for sandwiches.... yummmy!

Pulled the chuckies at 210°, foiled and into the cooler for 2 hrs., then shredded.

And for dinner we did some chuckie, oven roasted baby red potato's, and a salad.... very tasty!

Looks great from here.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

brilliant....!

not just gonna give you kudos without giving you some points though..
points.gif

That meal looks great.

Also, there is something about a brand new weber (whether WSM, Kettle, or even propane) that just steals the show. They're really good looking cookers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky