A tale of two chuckies.... and some corned beef

Discussion in 'Beef' started by jirodriguez, Mar 21, 2010.

1. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

So today is the maiden voyage of my new WSM 22", decided to break it in with a couple of chuckies and a couple of corned beef points I had in the fridge.

I have to say getting the WSM set up and up to temp was very easy, and it has been holding 250° steady with no fuss for about 3 hrs.

I will have some Qview up in a bit. [​IMG]

2. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yea Yea lets see the Qview.

3. jirodriguez

OK.. here is the Qview!

The smoke started out with a "traffic" jam infront of the sliding door to the patio..... apperantly there was a log in the middle of the road... heh-heh.

Got the WSM fired up and put together... starting the TBS and waiting for temps to come up.

Decided to break in the new smoker with a couple of chuckies and a couple of corned beef left over from St. Patti's day.

Here they are at about 3 hrs. Chuckies were at 165 and ready to foil, Corned beef tips were at 180° so I pulled and foiled them and put in the cooler.

Corned beef was rubbed with a mix of coars cracked pepper, garlic powder, and the spice packet that comes with them - they are sliced and vacuumed packed for sandwiches.... yummmy!

Pulled the chuckies at 210°, foiled and into the cooler for 2 hrs., then shredded.

And for dinner we did some chuckie, oven roasted baby red potato's, and a salad.... very tasty!

4. guvna

guvna Smoking Fanatic

look at the size of that meat! [​IMG]

5. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks great from here.[​IMG]

6. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Great looking job on the break in! I'm sure the place mat moved after the resting period.

7. timtimmay

timtimmay Action Team

Those really look great, good job!

8. jirodriguez

.... that "meat" thinks it is a 25 lb. lap dog... lol.

9. Looks Great... nice job!

10. chisoxjim

chisoxjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

brilliant....!

not just gonna give you kudos without giving you some points though.. [​IMG]

11. Thats a nice looking smoke ring on the chuckies for only 3 hours of smoking. I bet they tasted great. Was the corn beef pre cooked as leftovers, or raw?

12. thunderdome

thunderdome Master of the Pit

That meal looks great.

Also, there is something about a brand new weber (whether WSM, Kettle, or even propane) that just steals the show. They're really good looking cookers.