A new weekend and new smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

calismoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
I have waited all week for the weekend to start a new smoke. This weekend my first brisket and first fatty. The brisket has been on for about two hours and the fatty just went on.

Can't wait to experince this.
c48c9f49_vbattach13191.jpg

Almost four hrs in and fatty is done. I never would have expected how that would taste. I used hot spicy breakfast sausge two different types of onions, green chillis and sharp chedar. WOW! I am going to do more of these. The brisket is now in foil and 175 degrees and cooking away.

I have maintained temp around 230, used about a half of a medium size bag of charcoal. ABout to put the corn on the smoker and let it cook with the brisket.
fc58ffb8_vbattach13194.jpg

2875bd84_vbattach13193.jpg

Update. Brisket finished. Pulled off smoker at 190 degrees. Wrapped up for an hour in a cooler. I was skeptical but trusting about this. You guys are awesome with advice. After an hour, I pulled it out of cooler and cut. It is incredibly juicy, and tender and has a fantastic flavor. The smoke ring on the meat says it all. This was a success and I am addicted to this.
2da8dd66_vbattach13196.jpg

059f3c84_vbattach13195.jpg

Heck....my neighbors know it's the weekend whenever they wake up to the smell of Hickory at 7:00am....
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Congrats on an awesome smoke..!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Fred:

Awesome looking brisket and let's not forget to mention the fatty.

Great job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky