1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

A Meat Grinder Followed me home-

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by loosemeat, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Yes, a meat grinder followed me home.  Been looking and can't find anything about the universal #73.  How do you clean and maintain this beast?  (aside from opening it...) What lubricants are safe and helpful in the long run?  Which blade chops what? I have looked up the instruction manual, and found nothing yet. Point me in the right direction.  At work I like motors and am very grateful for electricity, but in the kitchen, I like a good work out- am sure the other mechanical grinders are awesome, but am interested (at least for now) in some of the non-electric appliances.[​IMG]

2. Here she is all cleaned up. Any ideas on what to try as a first project?[​IMG]

3. scarbelly

scarbelly Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Congrats - you are on your way now

4. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I hate when stuff like that follows me home = )

5. So Far I made bread crumbs for a casserole- It ruled.  Plus it's fun to set it up on the porch bannister to do the deed.  Today- it gets to grind meat. 

6. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Here's a site I found about cleaning; http://www.ehow.com/how_4487645_clean-store-meat-grinder.html

As for lubrication, I don't think any is necessary. Meat fats should, I would think, provide any lubrication needed.

7. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

I agree with AK1,

Especially with that type of grinder, and that's a good "ehow" on it.

Also, be careful what else follows you home,[​IMG]

Bearcarver