A-MAZE-N Todd Strikes Again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tt ace

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 21, 2011
Vadito, NM
Tried the tin can/soldering iron cold smoking method.  It worked OK but I wanted something that smoked longer and was more versatile.  I ordered the AMNPS.  Received it on a Friday, a week ago..  The only problem I had was that I couldn't get the supplied propane torch to work.  Turned out it was defective so I bought a torch so I could use the smoker.  The AMNPS worked great once I was able to start it properly as I cold smoked eggs, two kinds of cheese and butter.  I called Todd on Monday and told him about the defective torch.  He immediately gave me three options:  refund, credit towards future purchases, or provide more pellets.  I opted for the pellets.  He immediately sent me two more bags, one Apple and one Perfect Mix.  You can't ask for better service than what he provided.  No wonder Todd has so many happy converts.  KUDOS TO TODD.   
2thumbs.gif

first.gif

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase. And I agree Todd's customer service is top notch.

You will love either the AMNS or the AMNPS - I would get the AMNPS because you can burn both dust and pellets

Last edited:
OK  ... there are 3 different ones which would you get ?

What are you planning on using it for......

Cold Smoking?

Supplementing Smoke at Higher Temps?

Both?

What smoker are you using it in?

Todd

I was thinking the same thing Scarbelly .. I think I will go with that one ..

I was going to use it for conveniance too .. so I don't have to be such a slave to re-loading every few .. But plan on fish and cheeses .. sausages etc ...

Thanks for your imput guys !!

I will be using it in GOSM was reading that the 5x8 will smoke for up to 11 hours
biggrin.gif

Have you gone to the site and downloaded the instructions ?

So far as I can tell you fill it and light it .. let it stay a fire for a while then blow it out making sure the smoke is going well ...

Place it in the GOSM above the air intakes .. so the air can keep it smoking .. Make sure no drippings get on the wood chips you may need to tent with foil or put a drip pan under your meat but above the smoker ..

Does your GOSM have the drawers ?

No drawers, the only intake vent is around the burner so I cant put it there and anywhere else it will get dripped on. I posted a thread asking about this any it seems like no one uses it in a propane smoker. I would really like to have one but I don't think it's feasible in my smoker.

It says on the website to put it above the intake and it should burn fine .. and also to tent foil over the A-Maze-N so the drips will not bother the flow of the smoke .. I will let you know when I get it ..
But it should work just fine in yours ..

you could cold smoke in Ga .. just don't put the GOSM burner on ... you light the A-Maze with a torch and let it do the smoking for you without the extra heat ..
I believe it says the Pellet one can go to 275 .. would have to double check on that tho

I have a propane smoker and use it quite often.  I really do not use the Amazen for hot smoking much in the smoker.  For cold smoking just put it on a shelf in the smoker below everything and put it to one side.  It works well that way.  There are several ways to use it for hot smoking that can be found in the forum.  Search for the Amazen Smoker and you will find a ton of good info.  I also use it on my BBQ grill.  Just did a boneless leg of lamb using the rotisserie on the grill with the Amazen smoker to one side.  It came out fantastic!!  It is a very versatile product which is only limited by your imagination. 
grilling_smilie.gif

Last edited:
I have a propane smoker and use it quite often.  I really do not use the Amazen for hot smoking much in the smoker.  For cold smoking just put it on a shelf in the smoker below everything and put it to one side.  It works well that way.  There are several ways to use it for hot smoking that can be found in the forum.  Search for the Amazen Smoker and you will find a ton of good info.  I also use it on my BBQ grill.  Just did a boneless leg of lamb using the rotisserie on the grill with the Amazen smoker to one side.  It came out fantastic!!  It is a very versatile product which is only limited by your imagination. 
grilling_smilie.gif
Welcome back Bill, have not seen much from you lately...JJ 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky