A-MAZE-N SMOKED AND ROASTED ALMONDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mayor

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 13, 2020
California Gold Country
When I was a youngster back in the ‘50s I had a Uncle who made Roasted Almonds for Christmas and other special occasions which I dearly loved. Any
Roasted Almonds.jpg
way fast forward and the old folk aren’t around any more, well I guess they are but I’m the old folk now. Anyway the wife and I went to visit our youngest daughter who moved to the Chicago area for Christmas and New Years of 2018. Well born and raised in California, being old as dirt, needing a hip replacement and temps below 0 day and night most of the visit was spent indoors. Well I happened upon a old cookbook for the 30s or 40s and there buried among the pages was Salted Roasted Nuts. Well this took me back many years. Anyway the wife gets me a Char-Broil Electric Smoker for Christmas. So I made smoked almonds, which left lots to be desired. Then it came to me roast first then smoke them. So I did then cold smoked using the Maze for smoke with Hickory Pellets. I did add some almonds that I had not blanched and peeled and they just were okay. It’s a little extra work to blanch and peel them but so worth it. I’ll attach the photo of the recipe I took on a cold New Years Day in Chicago. Oh yea salt some and add rubs to some hope you enjoy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky