A-Maze-ing smoker question?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigdaddylove

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Wichita, Kansas
Hi guys.  I have a question about the amazing smoke generator.  I think it is a great idea and from the threads i have read about it I'm pretty sure i need at least one.  My questions is about using it for in my side box smoker for ribs and the like.  If I'm thinking right I would still use my side box for temperature and use the generator for the smoke, is this right?  If so i think it would be a great way to add different flavors to my arsenal

Yes I use my amazensmoker all the time for smoke generation and use my propane or what ever you are using for the heat source. The only thing you would have to worry about is getting the amaze too close to your fire and having all the dust burn up. As long as you have a bit of space to get it out of the direct heat/flame you should be fine with your side box. Or even better put the amaze in the food chamber if you fire box gets too hot. I don't have a horizontal rig so I don't have any experience with them and using the amaze but I know lots of others have and they can give you some first hand experience.

I've used mine in the offset.  I put it in the main chamber next to my water pan.  You want to have it somewhere that the smoke doesn't just go straight out the exhaust.  But as long as it's generating enough smoke to keep the chamber full or you close the exhause some you'll get plenty of smoke.

I'm planning on doing a brisket with maple next weekend..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky