A little Thursday night cooking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jamesb

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
Irving, TX
Wow, it's tough trying to decide which category to post this in. Hope this one is OK.

Actually did this on Thursday night, but can't seem to edit the thread title...

Had some fun yesterday and last night. Friend of a friend needed some food cooked up. Last minute, urgent request kind of deal. The rain and wind made it that much more fun. :shock:

2 cases of choice briskets (13 of 'em), 9 racks of ribs and 30lbs of sausage...

Getting setup.

Getting ready to open up the briskets.

Rubbed and on the pit. I put the bigger hunks of trimmed fat on the upper shelf to kind of baste the beef below.

About 4 hours in. Cooking them a bit on the hotter side at 275° to speed 'em along.

I've never seen this much foil in my pit! Wouldn't normally wrap 'em, but I was working against a time line and gotta make room for the ribs soon.

Some of the smaller briskets are done and put in the cooler to rest, moved the rest around to make room for the ribs.

All of the briskets in the big Igloo marine cooler to rest for a couple of hours covered with towels.

Last pic I have. Sausage is on, ribs are about done.

Got too busy for any more pics, but I separated the flats and points. Put the points back on the pit while I sliced the flats ribs and sausage. I then chopped all of the points, got everything panned up and delivered for the 11:00am lunch... I think I'm so tired of BBQ now that I probably won't even fire the pit up again until at least Sunday! :)

Jeez JamesB, you had your work cut out for you. Good on ya for helping a friend. All looks great!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That's some werious frinedly help you provided there, bud! Them folks owe you a big one, though I know you did it cause you like to cook as much as I do. We all do
biggrin.gif

Very nice looking food, how'd you do those ribs at the end? They look like they have a nice BBQ sauce on them.

Excellent work, chef!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks like someone is going to do some serious eating...

Mighty good looking meat you have there, nothing like sausage, ribs and brisket to fill your tummy...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks like a great job it all looks fantastic
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks folks... I could do that every weekend and be a happy camper!

No BBQ sauce on the ribs. That's just the rub I put on 'em and smoke :) For ribs, I trim to St. Louie, remove the flap and membrane from the backside, rub and on the pit until they pass the bend test. No foil until they come off the pit and rest a bit.

OH! Now THAT is one hell of a smoke!
Hope your friend realizes what a buddy you are. I've never seen so many beautiful briskets cooking all together like that, not to mention the myriad of ribs and sausage, was your friend feeding an Army or just the whole town?
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
and
points.gif
are definitely in order.

A friend of a friend actually, and sadly, this cook was for a funeral reception/celebration of life thing for the family of a young man who was a shooting victim here in town.

Received some very fine reports on the food though. They had roughly 250 folks show up. Even got several requests to cook for future parties (hopefully of the more happy kind!).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky