A kind of "Tacos al pastore"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texas bbq

Smoke Blower
Original poster
I would like to try "tacos al pastore". Not the real one, but very tasty and mouth watering tacos.

fe8654a7_IMGP1580.jpg

sliced pork neck

f83aeeab_IMGP1582.jpg

aef739cc_IMGP1587.jpg

self made tacos , cream cheese

ae59883d_IMGP1601.jpg

3cae0dc0_IMGP1620.jpg

2caef406_IMGP1627.jpg

see you.....

Those look mighty tasty, especially for a guy in Germany without the normal resources for Mexican food

Looks awesome! Can you fill us in on your recipe and method? A few years back I loved crossing the border for authentic tacos when Tijuana and Ensenada weren't so crazy. Id love to make my own.

Nice job, they look great.  Any chance of sharing the recipe?  I've never heard of cream cheese with tacos.  It looks like you made it into some kind of sauce? 

icon_cool.gif

Now your home made tacos look awesome. Did you fry them up to? Now I used to make them and I miss making them. So keep the great work and keep posting too. 

icon_cool.gif

Now your home made tacos look awesome. Did you fry them up to? Now I used to make them and I miss making them. So keep the great work and keep posting too. 

No i didn´t. I just used goose fat for a extra flower.

Nice job, they look great.  Any chance of sharing the recipe?  I've never heard of cream cheese with tacos.  It looks like you made it into some kind of sauce? 
sure, why not. The mixture from this dish is my own stuff. I love at TV "Andrew Zimmern" and "Anthony Bourdain" he did a stop at Chicago and Mexico City. He eated "Tacos al pastore". I used the corn flour from the super market, but i think is not the authentic one from mexico. I mixed them together with the normal flour for bread. You put them in a pan with goose fat or other oil.

For the meat i marinated the Pork over night with a mixture. 5 gloves garlic, 2 onions, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, 2 thinly slices tomato's, cumin, ground bell pepper. You put this together in a blender for 1 to 2 minutes. I cut the pork neck in half inch slices. put this in plastic bag and store it in the fridge over night. preheat your grill for direct hi. For the meat i use a big self made stainlessstell skewer. after 1,5 h the meat will be done. Cut the meat in to small pieces, put this together with sliced onion, fresh coriander, sliced cucumber,  goar cream cheese, i love it. For the topping you can use what ever you like. For my own i used a burger source.

I hope you know what i mean.

I never been before in mexico, but the mouth watering pictures at TV made me hungry.

Looks awesome! Can you fill us in on your recipe and method? A few years back I loved crossing the border for authentic tacos when Tijuana and Ensenada weren't so crazy. Id love to make my own.

please take a look at my post.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky