A FULL smoker is a happy smoker!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

driedstick

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 3, 2011
N. Central Idaho
My smokers were full this weekend,

Started Fri, night with almost a epic fail

Used Cherry pellets,,,, got a little warm,,, they smoked for about 5hrs or so,, cool enough, I left them in the smoker overnight to cool and dry 

Here is where the fail About happened 

Caught it just in time,,,, Vac pac'd and in storage for now. 

Saturday morning started off with some salmon,,, 

4 cups brown sugar, and 1 cup of Kosher salt,,, sat overnight 

Sorry I did not get any finished pics of the salmon on this batch but this is how it looks when it is done. 

While still warm and right out of the smoker,,, brush some Honey on it and Course ground black pepper 

See told you it was a busy weekend,,,,,

Now,

Never had this commercial grade mix,,,, but I will be doing this again,,, Very warm!! and good flavor. 

All mixed up and ready for the stuffer. 

Using 21MM Mahogany casings from Butcher Packer 

Youngest wants some so he decided to help 

They hung in the fridge overnight then into the smoker at 130* for about 2hrs to dry them with the dampers wide open. 

Sticks on the right were 19MM that I need to use up 

After 2hrs I bumped temp up 10* each hour till smoker temp is at 170*,,, Then pull snack sticks at IT of 155* 

These turned out great ,, Used pitmasters blend pellets,,,,

No Ice bath on sticks just put them on counter and let bloom,,, then in the fridge overnight before vac packing 

Like I said these have some heat,,,, better have a cold one. 

Happy 4th everyone as I will be leaving for the weekend with my goodies,,,,, 

God Bless America, our troops, our vets, and old Glory!!! 

Thanks for looking!!!! 

Looks like a busy weekend for sure.

Everything looks great.

Awesome thread DS ! Looks like a fun time with your helper there ! Thumbs Up It all sure looks good ! And ya stayed properly hydrated too ! :biggrin:

That's my kind of weekend!!

Points!

Al
Thanks Al,,, yes good weekend indeed..... and from the looks of it you will be having some good weekends also with that new shiny,  perdy smokin thingy you recently aquired. 

DS

DS That all looks good,I had the cheese do that once Have fun when you go away points

Richie

Awesome thread DS ! Looks like a fun time with your helper there !
icon14.gif
It all sure looks good ! And ya stayed properly hydrated too !
biggrin.gif
Thanks, WHB,,, yes stay hydrated 
beercheer.gif

Looks tasty! Was that hunk of cheese right over the pellets? Been there done that.

Hey DS.  Busy, busy, busy weekend.  Too bad about the cheese.  However, it will still be great eating.  The salmon looks REALLY delish!!!!  And those sticks will give you lots of munching.

Nice job on everything.

points.gif

Happy 4th.

Gary
Thank you sir,,, have your self a great weekend also

DS

DS,

Nice smokathon you did there.  What smoker(s) did you use? 
Thanks, Craig,,, Cheese and sticks in my fridge build and salmon in my mes30 

Wild weekend, DS. Also, tell your son I am always looking for a sous chef!

Disco
Yes sir,,, he's not fond of the cold LOL he has to get more meat on his bones 
biggrin.gif

DS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky