A BIG !!!!! Thank You to all

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcmelik

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
Aurelia Iowa
This past weekend I went camping with some friends and brought along my CGSP that I did all the mods to for a test run. I put in a baffle,tuning plates 2 new thermomtersat grate level and an expanded metal fire box grate along with the 3 inch smoke stack all ideas that I got from ******.net-Downloads. and it worked like a champ. At one point of the smoke I had the stack side at 240 and the firebox side at 230 Saturday night I made pulled pork with SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce and Sunday night it was St. Louis style ribs with a rub made of a mix of a bunch of peoples idea's .Monday afternoon I made a small batch of wings which I have made for many years before we broke camp. So I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to all of you that I took tips from along the way. You always know when you do a good job with your cooking when it gets real quiet when the food comes out....
icon_lol.gif

Glad you found the information you were looking for. Sure is nice when you can impress your friends with your cooking.

Im glad that all the information on the site was helpful to you. This is a great place to learn.

Great to hear that all went just fine and everyone had a great time. It sounded like a fabulous weekend for sure.
Just one thing though mcmelik...
xbmna.jpg

hysterical.gif

Glad to know it all worked out for you. Enjoy my friend.

I know I know. I didn't even think about bringing the camera.......Sorry. Doing a brisket a couple of fatties and some more wings this weekend for the family. I will try a little harder to get some pics.
I do like your picture though Jazzspot !!

Congratulations on a great camping trip....Looks like you may have the job of camp cook again next year....:>)

are you two --melick's related?

and is that the iowa hawkeyes as your avatar?

jazzspot...that's classic. can i steal it and use it?

oh yeah, congrats on your weekend smoke.

Yes that is God's team coming onto Kinnick Go Hawk's !!!!!! And yes we are related. It is Scott and Mark Cmelik

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky