9.70 sirloin tip with q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

krusher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 31, 2008
rocky mount, virginia
I saw smoking gun do one of these and knew it had to be done here, I made his rub putty and poured on jeffs rub, let it sit overnight and onto the smoker this morning. I'm using oak, apple and cherry, and I'm gonna take it to 200-210 for lots of pulled beef!!

I took all the drippings from the tupperware that came out of the meat overnight and put it in a little pot with some apple juice and am reducing it right now for a mop.

Looks good, Krusher. Looking forward to the Qview of the finished product.

Dang Krusher, it ain't done but it's looking real good already.

That's the hunk I usually get for jerky. Pretty lean for a pull I'd think, but I guess I'm not sure. Interested in the results. The prep sure looks good :{)

i figure i'll wrap it in foil when it gets 150-155, that way it should have plenty of juice still left in it plus apple juice for the braise, I'm thinking it'll be alright.

I have a sauce that I've used for years, and I'm debating on making that or making the brisket finishing sauce thats is a sticky.it is real good, but I'm thinkin I'll make my old faithful.

Lookin good Krusher. You're gonna be lovin this. Be prepared for a long smoke though. IIRC mine took 18 hrs. I did have a 3 hour plateau though so maybe you'll get lucky. Lookin forward to the finished Qview.

That's a good looking hunka meat Krusher...looking forward to your finished Qview.
cool.gif

here it is at 150, sure was goin awful slow through the 140's but I had everything ready to wrap it and back into the heat she went.

Looks Great. I look forward to the finished product.

I did take off a slice, it was good, but I am going all the way with it, I put the reduction that I made this morning in with the foil along with about a cup of apple juice. I just hope it pulls...

WOW Krusher, that's a biga meatball
icon_exclaim.gif
Looks good and anxious to see the results.
I see you go Uncle Sam too! Get most of my meat there, all been good so far!I like the case prices they give ya!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

yeah, I get my meat at sam's, it's about 30 miles away but well worth the drive, we have a kroger in town and I stop by there 3 or 44 times aweek in the morning to see what they have on clearance, but usually there sall prices ar more expensive than sam's prices.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky