1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

80 Pounds Of Meat!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by soflaquer, Dec 15, 2006.

1. soflaquer

soflaquer Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Well, it's that time again! My annual Christmas Bash is about to go into full swing! We're expecting 60 to 80 people and my close friend and fellow Band Member (The area Postmaster!, no less) will be making any appearence as Santa Clause! LOL! Keep in mind this is an all adult party, so after I hand out the prizes for my "Name That Tune" music trivia; Old Saint Nick, I'm sure, will have all the Girls here on his lap! LOL!

The "Q fare will include 2 Full Packer Briskets, 2 Fresh Hams and 3 Boston Butts (and Fatties of course, for breakfast). Here they are rubbed and wrapped and in the fridge for 24 hours. I then do my "Double Rub" just prior to them hitting the Spit.

If I can find the time between all the festivities, I will try to get photos and keep you posted. At straight up Midnight, they hit the Cooker. It'll be an All Nighter!

Merry Christmas!!!

SoFlaQuer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cajun_1

cajun_1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks good..an all-nighter can be fun sometimes...but your party really sounds fun.... Have Fun.

3. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That party is gonna ROCK! Good food, good music, and Santa gets all the girls... you might wanna reconsider who gets the red suite!

Best wishes and Merry Christmas to all

Keep Smokin

4. jrollins

jrollins Fire Starter

Lookes good. hope to see more. MEERY XMAS

5. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wow does that look like the beginning to a great party. Other than the liquid refreshments I think you have a great start

6. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Florida Jeff,
    Looks like a wonderful meal is on the way. Hope it all turns out well and that all our SMF folks have a wonderful holiday season!

7. soflaquer

Unbelievable party! I've had 3 hours sleep, several toasts with Patron Tequila and too many festive beers to count. Q' was out of this world....one of those golden moments where everything just fell into place and the Que gods smiled upon you.

Pictures and post will hopefully be up tomorrow after a long deserved nights rest!

(A Very Tired) SoFlaQuer!

8. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

I've seen BBQ, I want pics of them Florida party girls. 8) Seriously, sounds like you enjoyed it and it was one heck of party.

9. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Jeff, sounds like you pulled off another memorable event!!

10. soflaquer

Wish I could have gotten these up earlier, but we've been squaring things away for 2 days!

Wow! What a phenomenal success this years party was! The Que was perfect and the crowd was great. I gave away 5 first-run DVD's and a 5-DVD gift set as a grand prize for those who could answer my music trivia. When Santa appeared, I thought everone was going to die! Everyone LOVED it!

Here's a few shots from the digital, more will be posted after the regular film is developed. Mine doesn't do well when there's little light.

Jeff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. soflaquer

I could have cut that Brisket with a Butter Knife! Those that have been around for a while know that's why I call my Brisket's - "Budda"!!!

Jeff

12. pyre

pyre Meat Mopper OTBS Member

That brisket looks really juicy!

13. soflaquer

Very much so! Extremely tender.

Jeff

14. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Jeff,
    I'll never forget the meaning of "budda." I recall clearly your description of the brisket cutting like budda while you described smoking a brisket to me. It was my first brisket (and all nighter) and it turned out great. And by the way, at that time, I had to ask you what "budda" was. Lots of smoke since then.
    And again, that Q above looks absolutely great! I was very interested in you cooking process and wondered if you used the burn barel or your GOSM and what your thoughts are. I saw in another post your comparison. Very interesting. Great Post!

15. soflaquer

I thought of you, Bill, when I made that post!

Geez, that was back in the old "Yahoo Group" days! There's a few few of us still around from then..........Dutch being one of them.

Jeff

16. reflect

reflect Meat Mopper OTBS Member

17. That was some party, huh? How come none of us got an invite? That's the kind of deal we'd all fly in for, right? You afraid of a few hillbillies? We got manners. We know to eat anything smoked with or fingers and not our feet. I am truly offended.
    Looks like a great feast, wish I could have been there.

18. Glad to hear of your sucessful party. Saw the reference to the Patron and knew that these were my kind of people! Merry Christmas from NC!

19. soflaquer

I buy a $50 bottle of Patron Tequila for every party! (Memorial Day and Christmas) This year Mrs. SoFlaQuer and her girlfriends made 50 Jello Shots, as well! They were gone in a flash! The Patron went so fast this Christmas, I may have to dispense with purchasing a Keg and get 2 Patron's!

Considering the wet weather we had, the Party was wildly successful!

Jeff