8 lb brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Western Nebraska
haven't done a good brisket for a while..so here it goes

used my mesquite chipotle rub, got the smoker up to 225 and used mesquite and apple for flavor. it took roughly 4 1/2 hours to get it to 145 internal temp.  i pulled and let rest for about 30 min. internal temp got to 152. started slicing and chowing 
flag.gif

79aef7ec_2.jpg

81d1af60_1.jpg

343788a4_3.jpg

as u can see, a ton of juice and tender tender tender!  

thanx for looking.

the last ones i did for work i took to 205 and pulled them..this one i wanted a bit more "red" and used them for some sammies.

Redneck,that is a delicious looking piece of meat, thing is I have no teeth and have to go to something above 195*
icon_eek.gif
frown.gif
, but that's alright ; you go ahead and enjoy it.
head-wall.gif

LOL

Hmmmm, I never tried that pulling temp---thought it would be tough.

It sure looks mighty tasty, Red !!!!

May have to try one myself.

Thanks,

Bear

I thought it would be tough too!

I sure like the pink color!

Probably going to give this a try.

it was very tender and juicy as you can see. i treated like prime rib or roast..worked out great for trying it the 1st time.

I didn't say it would be tough---I said I thought that. I haven't tried it yet.

And it sure looks mighty tasty.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky