7th Annual SMF Carolinas Smokers Gathering (May 18, 19 and 20, 2018)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alelover

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
We'll be firing up the smokers for another great weekend in the Carolinas. The last 6 have been really awesome. So save that weekend for some good food, good beer and good times.

We hope to see all our old friends and hopefully make some new ones too.

Check out the past 6 gatherings here.

1st Annual NC Gathering

2nd Annual NC Gathering

3rd Annual NC Gathering

4th Annual NC Gathering

5th Annual NC Gathering

6th Annual NC Gathering

We will once again have it at our "Lake View Estate" in Concord, NC. We are about 20 minutes north of Charlotte in Concord.

Map to the gathering

Going to plan some demonstrations of who knows what again, it will be fun and educational. We have a big backyard so bring your tents and small campers. Sorry no RV hookups. This is a family friendly event and we encourage folks to bring the kids along. They always have fun. There are also some hotels in the area if you need one.

Hotels in the Area

For those who have not attended a SMF gathering before it will be a weekend of relaxing, eating, and fellowship. It is a chance to meet some of the great SMF'ers you interact with everyday. You won't find a nicer group of people or better food. Last years gathering was a great success and we hope for an even better turnout this year. We plan on some surprise giveaways too. So please make time for a great weekend you will remember for years to come.

Sounds good Scott. Looking forward to another great time. Mrs B said she's ready too. Might give the smoker a face lift before I bring it. Don't worry about wood. I have about 2 cords of dry pecan.

Would like to think I could make but don't think its going to be this year.

hey Boykjo save some of that wood for PA. Just did another bear roast with the Moore's.

Warren

I was hoping I work something out but then my truck broke down and being a desiel it was a $1600 bill so not this year. But thanks for the personal invite. Don't believe any Joe may tell you about me either. Ha

Last edited:
Ive been stocking up the freezer. 8 slr's and a couple of butts.

I was hoping I work something out but then my truck broke down and being a desiel it was a $1600 bill so not this year. But thanks for the personal invite. Don't believe any Joe may tell you about either. Ha

who me :rolleyes:...lol

Well, for last year's event we were still moving in stages from our central NY farm and couldn't make it but we closed on the farm sale in August and have been full time in NC since then. As of now the dates are good for my wife and I.

I suspect that smokers are covered so.....We have a heavy duty burner stand, pots up to 60 quarts, 14 and 18" Buffalo choppers and a a pair of Hobart 12" heavy duty slicers if any of that helps. And we have some insulated Cambro Ultra Pan Carriers with deep hotel pans that have gasketed lids that are great for keeping food hot or cold and for serving from along with a Camtainer insulated drink dispenser or two.

We also have some 6 and 8' Lifetime folding tables and chairs.

If there's room to park it we'd likely be bringing an enclosed cargo trailer/camper to stay in.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help out. BTW, I'll be vending at the Concord gun show 24-25 March. If any of you are dropping by the show please PM me for my contact info. I'd like to start putting faces with the names.

Thanks for stepping up and hosting the event.

Lance

Last edited:
Sounds great Lance. The hotel pans and the heavy duty burner would be very helpful I think. Joe brings his reverse flow smoker so we are good there. We have a good size back yard that can accommodate small campers. If you have any homebrew bring it along. I have plenty of chairs and tables.

And I should have noted that we also have a pair of 120 volt countertop hotel pan warmers....

Lance

Hey Scott and all!
I'm in for another year of great food fun and friends! Since i like to bring lunch on Saturday i was thinking of bring some kebabs to grill, maybe some Hawaiian pork and pineapple kebabs and some steak and veggie kebabs. i can bring my weber kettle grill and we can have some good lunch while the longer meats for dinner are smoking!

Looking forward to the Gathering!
phatbac

Anyone thinking of coming to the gathering, its a great time and good food! we have had a blast a couple years we have been going. If you are considering coming there is plenty of all the good stuff!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac

Just wanted to bump the thread to make sure everyone knows the invite is out.

Looking forward to a great time with food, fun, and friends!

Happy Gathering,
phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky