• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

7 yr old turkey breast

stormtrooper

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 16, 2016
In our house we celebrate may the 4th (star wars day) and im smoking a pork shoulder BUT my 7 yr old daughter who has taken a huge interest in grilling and smoking (she even want to shoot her own deer and other meat and cook it)so i went and got her a turkey breast that she is going to be totally in charge of. Making and applying the rub, putting termometer prob in and watching temps to spritzing with apple juice. All supervised of course. She is so excited! I will post pictures of the new pit master as she progresses! Wish her luck!

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Thats awesome. Cant wait to see pics.

Blues1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 10, 2020
One awesome thing to do...getting your daughter involved is how some memories and traditions get started. Personally, I love them. Want to see the pics!

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
I'm in for this one! Love watching my oldest cook and learn new things

stormtrooper

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 16, 2016
This is really cool! I’ve been trying to get my son interested but...video games right?

Hope she loves it!
I totally get that! She is such a daddys girl. She plays hockey, and video games and wants to learn how to smoke and grill.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Sounds Great!!
I'm marking this Thread so I don't miss the Best Parts.
Be Back!

Bear

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I haven't beamed a smile this big reading a thread in a LOOOONG time. A true pitmaster in the making!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That Turkey Breast looks Awesome!
She did a Great Job!
Like.

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.