7.5 lbs Venison jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

twotrackerbryan

Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
Marinated for 2 days and just put in the smoker (cut at 3/8 to 1/2 thick).  I made a 7.5 lb batch yesterday but I had my temperature a little too high to start with.  It turned out ok but I will call it "learning the new smoker".

I cheated on this batch because I wanted to use up an original Hi Mountain season pack I had from before.

Starting off at 150 for two hours

I have duck in my smoker as I type this. It's been going about an hour at 150* without smoke. I plan to add light smoke in 30 minutes.

What is the total time you had your venison in the smoker and did you keep the temp at 150 for the duration?

I look forward to seeing your final product.

One mistake I made in the beginning is I forgot to open the vent all the way up to dry it out quicker. It would been done sooner if I had. All in all it was one of my better batches.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky