• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

650 pound Lang

Millberry

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2020
How do you folks move aroung a Lang 36? Isn't 650 pounds to heavy to push in and out of garage? If left outside, doesn't a cover cause moisture?

Murray

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 30, 2018
That would depend on the cover material. Some covers are breathable allowing moisture to flow out while preventing water to penetrate.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
May find a cover here if needed. Wide assortment for different applications.

Millberry

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2020
thx--a Lang 36 for sale near me--used --I just didn't know if an old man could push it around much. Looks like a cover is the way to go

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
SmokinAl SmokinAl Graduated High School with Abe Lincoln😆 and I think he has a Lang that size. He could help answer your question...JJ
Thanks JJ, I really needed that, my birthday was yesterday.
Anyhow they are very easy to move around AS LONG AS YOU ARE ON A FLAT SURFACE. You do not want to have to go up & down a step. I leave mine outside partially covered by a patio roof, but if it starts to rain, then I just roll it under the roof, and I have the one with the steel wheels on one side. If you get the model with tires on all 4 sides then I think you could move it just about anywhere. All I can say is you will love that smoker!
Al

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AL!!!...JJ😂

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Thanks JJ, unfortunately it’s 75 years now, but I hope to make it another 25 at least! :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

Millberry

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2020
Thanks JJ, I really needed that, my birthday was yesterday.
Anyhow they are very easy to move around AS LONG AS YOU ARE ON A FLAT SURFACE. You do not want to have to go up & down a step. I leave mine outside partially covered by a patio roof, but if it starts to rain, then I just roll it under the roof, and I have the one with the steel wheels on one side. If you get the model with tires on all 4 sides then I think you could move it just about anywhere. All I can say is you will love that smoker!
Al
I know I will....if I get it. This one has no wheels on one side---If we reach a deal, maybe I can add wheels. You are why I want one so bad---learning curve and all.

73saint

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 8, 2017
Charbroil XL smoker cover works great on my Lang 36 patio. I have to buy a new one every year but at $20 its worth it

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Thanks JJ, unfortunately it’s 75 years now, but I hope to make it another 25 at least! :emoji_sunglasses:
Al
Ah, 75 isn't bad, Al. You should make that extra 25. I turn 72 in a few days, and I'm sure not ready for that dirt nap.
Happy Birthday!!
Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.