60+ person BBQ, An adventure……

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I did this often and sometimes for 500+

after doing for a while thing I liked best was shredding pork after it rested for your preferred time and adding in any juice etc you like to use. I would then put into ziploc bags and put in fridge for 2 days. Smoke flavor intensifies when in fridge. After two days I transfer to vacuum seal and add in some beef tallow to help with moisture while reheating

reheat how you prefer in boiling water, sous vide
Oh wow!! Love the tallow idea. So really, fridge and then vacuum seal? Don’t lose freshness that way instead of going straight to freezing?

also a few people have mentioned finish with juice. I’ve never done that. What juices are the go to?

Oh wow!! Love the tallow idea. So really, fridge and then vacuum seal? Don’t lose freshness that way instead of going straight to freezing?

also a few people have mentioned finish with juice. I’ve never done that. What juices are the go to?
By juice they mean the drippings from the butt. Defat that then mix it in with the meat. Got some steps in this thread to help

Reactions: 912smoker

i preferred fridge to firsy then freeze due to depth of smoker flavor added. One thing forgot to mention is you can just vacuum seal right away and just leave a little over hang to cut open later and add tallow then reseal. I would do this on small batches but large i used ziploc because got them for free and trimming up multiple bags and resealing wasted a decent amount

for juice its your preference. Natural juices from cooking work well. I have also used finishing sauce recipe found on here. Thinned down version of myron hog glaze is good. I really like 80% natural juice and 20% white peach grape juice

Reactions: TampaNole27
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky