6"+ & more to come

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

travcoman45

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 19, 2008
A Holler in North Iowa
Well we got over 6 inchs a snow an more ta come along with wind. Oh, great just what I really wanted!

Got outa work early taday an blew snow just incase we work tammarraw. Now there sayin we got way more snow then normal so be ready fer spring floods! We ain't done cleanin up from the last flood yet!
faint.gif

Oh well, what ya gonna do cept keep stackin it up!
noidea.gif

image.png

Still coming down to your north! Been out with the snow blower twice, ran out to Sam's for some Butts and some Spares "in case" we get another snow day tomorrow! (Butt going in tonight!)

supposed to get some snow here in Illinois the next couple days, maybe a foot, however with how DC and that area has been popped this year Im just gonna keep my mouth shut and tough this little snow out.
icon_smile.gif

The DC snow job continues!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
Ohhhh....did I just say that? Yeah, they got a perty good mess there. I'm just tired a ice covered roads an bustin 4-6 foot drifts with the work truck.

I'm so lookin forward ta spring an fishin again!

Snowing like hades here in the bootheel at the moment.

Aparently you are getting what hit in CA over the weekend. In some places there was 5 " of rain and they say there are two more storms aimed at So Ca this week . One crazy winter for sure

you Iowa boys have gotten hit this year as well. Most of those storms have lost their punch by the time they got to Illinois. We dont even have any snow on the ground as of this afternoon.

Sitting in a motel in romney Wv. as we type putting power back on 30 + inches of snow with up to 12 more tommorrow..cold as heck too..oh well what's a Lineman to do

Boy, I'm so glad I got outta that after 46 years of it- moving to Texas was about the best thing I ever did. Economy's better, weather is better, utilities cheaper - you don't have to shovel sunshine!

Some past winters:

If I had my druthers, I'druther be here instead.. out of Galveston, Tx.. go every year!

Me and the wife:

Inside the ship:

Now, don't those pictures make all that snow more tolerable?! Warms my heart every time I look at 'em!

News just said, normally get 19" of snow a year. This year we at 51" so far, and more to come. I'll probly still be wearing snow camo for spring turkey season.

even the kids are sick of it, central iowa just broke a 100 + year old record for more than 60 days with at least 6 inches of groundcover. Pretty tiresome thats for sure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky