6 lb. shoulder on my ECB

Discussion in 'Pork' started by norrell6, Aug 2, 2008.

1. norrell6

norrell6 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Got up this morning and the family was leaving. I have the whole house to myself. I immediatetly start to smoke. Then I get the shoulder out of the fridge and start the fire for the old ECB.Got a couple pics to start with. I will post more as the day goes on. I think this is gonna be a great day!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bcfishman

bcfishman Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Looking good norrell.

Gives me some inspiration to fire up the ole ECB.

Got some fish in the freezer to do.

3. norrell6

there you go. I have been wanting to try to smoke a salmon. I am hoping it will take many tries to get it right. LOL.

4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks like a great start have a good day and I'll be looking forward to more Qview

5. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Lookin' good! I have to wait til next weekend to do the brisket. Had it in the freezer and I'm just thawing it out slow.

6. norrell6

[​IMG]here it is about an hour ago. sitting at about 152 now. gonna be a nice, long, slow smoke.

7. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looking good has it hit a plateau?

8. meat-man

meat-man Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

looking good brother [​IMG] don't forget the q-view

9. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Really nice looking smoke, the bark has a great color to it! Hope to see some pics of the finished product!

10. pinkmeat

pinkmeat Smoking Fanatic

ahhh, ribs and chicken were great today, but there's just something about a boston butt...maybe next weekend.

11. norrell6

I have it sittin in the cooler now. been there for about 2.5 hrs. when i took the pork shoulder off, i put some ABT's on. I know this isn't the right forum, but here is the pic anyways. I will snap some pics when I pull the pork.

[​IMG]

12. norrell6

It is finally done.Turned out perfect. Tried a couple of finishing sauces for the first time. I tried SoFlaQuers finishing sauce (sticky) and I tried one that was posted in that thread called wanda's sauce. I have to say SoFlaQuers was good, but Wanda's was out of this world. I think the Wanda's sauce is more of a sauce rather than a finishing sauce. Whatever it is, it is super. I also made some more of Jeff's sauce today and it seems to get better every time. Thanks goodness for the SMF! Because of this place, I can make BBQ that is better than most BBQ restaurants. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. pineywoods

Looks fantastic nice job [​IMG]

14. guvna

guvna Smoking Fanatic

looks great norrell! +1 about the bbq restaurants... i went to my fav que spot last week and the ribs were dry. can you say 3-2-1?[​IMG] anyways, can you post wanda's recipe? i can't find it anywhere using the search function.
    thanks,
    guv

15. norrell6

16. guvna

guvna Smoking Fanatic

thanks! this sounds great, i might try it tonight.
    -Guv

17. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking smoke. That sauce sounds good too.

18. dennisdocb

dennisdocb Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Great looking smoke norell..kudos