1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

55 gal barrels for Chicago area people

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by veener88, Oct 3, 2006.

1. veener88

veener88 Smoke Blower

I just wanted to let you know if you live in chicago area and you want some 55 gal barrels I have the place for you to go.

Trilla Steel Drum Corporation
    2959 W 47th St, Chicago, IL, 60632

I bought 3 55 gal drums form them today and that is all they make. This was the sweet part all 3 of them were pulled right off the line they were made on before they went to paint. So I all I have is just 3 drums of fresh steel. All I have to do is sand and clean the barrels to make sure the outer paint sticks well and I am set to go once I cut them. I just thought I would let you know since for $20 each I could not beat that price. Even used by the time you take to clean off all the rust and any other issues I think it is well worth the time saving to just get new fresh ones.

On a side note my father also picked up a drum with a removable lid for $20 and that is going to be a sand blasting unit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
  2. larry maddock

larry maddock Master of the Pit OTBS Member

im not a charcoal man but---
    new -Clean- barrels- for a jackson---
    sounds like a good deal.

3. I went to trilla.com and does not look like a barrel company website.  Would you check to confirm that it is correct.

Thank you