500 gallon reverse flow build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boomhower

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 7, 2012
Indy
Hello all,

Some of you may remember my 100 gallon build here:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/121415/my-100-gallon-reverse-flow-build

I'm helping with a new build for our church.  We are trying to build it on the cheap, so it probably won't turn out quite as nice as mine, but it should be able to cook for a lot of people.  We are starting with a 500 gallon water tank for the smoker.  It's not ideal as it is not extremely heavy wall thickness, but I'll try to add some thermal mass with the reverse flow pan.  We are going to use some fuel oil drums for a warming oven and for some open pit grills on the front of the trailer. 

Here's some preliminary design shots of it:

Dave,

I could use some help with the calculations if you got some time

Boom

Last edited:
It looks surprisingly good!

Just don't tell anyone else that it was thrown together from odds and ends and they will never know the difference.

That looks fantastic! I was looking at your last build and was really impressed! Just curious, how are the ax handle doors holding up? I saw a similar photo online and loved the idea. Any problems?

Great work...you definitely have skills!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky