5-Day Smoking Basics eCourse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Uh, oooooooohhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll all be here for support if you need us! But please keep us informed! Happy Birthday, I think!
Monty (But ya know, it's gotta be somethng good!)

Happy Birthday Earl.
I'm sure the wife has a great day planned and you'll enjoy that too.
The brisket will still be a present even if it isn't on (or near) your birthday.
I can smell that sweet brisket now :)
Many happy returns!

Hoosier

Jeff the course was great, I saved it to a word document and am attaching it to this post, incase you want to place it somewhere in the forum for new member to be able to download.

That is good.. you obviously spent a little time doing that. I also have the pdf format if anyone would rather have that. My reason for not advertising this is because most people, whether they realize it or not, handle things better in bite-sized pieces.

The eCourse breaks things up into pieces.. giving you a piece each day to read, think about, mull over, and soak into your memory which I believe is a better process.

Anyway.. thanks for your effort in doing that and if anyone needs the ecourse in a .doc format well there you have it.

Might be something nice to save to you desktop for easy reference and like I said if anyone needs .pdf format then I have that available as well.

I have a pretty cush job for the time being, at least until I retire from the Army next summer, then it's time to start my second career, so for the time being, I sit at work and surf the forum and web all day...I put the course in the word format so I could share it with some friends and hopefully get some new members to the forum.

Jeff,

First of all, thanks for this great web site and the offer of the newbie smoking course. I've signed up for the course, but I would like a copy of the pdf version for the reference files I'm building - I've found pdf to be more useful than saving yahoo emails!

Once again, thanks to all the work you have put in to this effort.

-Steve

I copied the eCourse to Word also. Where Jeff had a link to another topic I copied the topic to where the link was and removed the link. I made for a longer document but it all tied together well. My neighbor looked the course over and he learned alot (he doesn't have a computer) so adding the additional topic links really helped him.

Thanks again for the course Jeff

Jeff,
Just wanted to say thank you for spending your time to put all of this together. The forum on Yahoo was great but this is wonderfull. The e-course was a great idea and has lots of great info in it. I have been cooking on the grill for some time but am new to smoking - maybe 6-7 smokes under my belt. None of them have yielded bad meat - I owe that to your website and all the great info on it. Thanks again for getting me and my family addicted to " The Thin Blue Smoke!!"

Patrick

this eCourse has been a huge success but I have had some problems with folks getting partial emails or missing days, etc. so I set out to find a new program to handle it..

I have finally got the eCourse set up on another server using a different program.. it is costing me more but if it works better then it is worth it to me.

If any of you had trouble with the eCourse and failed to let me know, it is working great now and so far it is like a well-oiled machine.

I am looking at putting the eCourse on CD so one could listen to it in the vehicle on the way to work or while they're sleeping(osmosis)
wink.gif
. I might add a few things as well. Any ideas, suggestions, etc.?

I stumbled on it one day while surfing.... signed up for it, and finally took the time to look it over. Thanks for all the info. I am looking forward to the new one I just saw abt smoking.....

Bill

I am a fairly new meat smoker. I use a Brinkman water smoker.How long should a8# brisket take at 220 TEMP. Mine was at a 178TEMP. in 5and one half hrs.???.Did not seem long enough.Any help!!!.

An 8 pound brisket normally requires around 12 hours or so figuring on 1.5 hours per pound which is a pretty good estimate for brisket as well as pork shoulder.

I would venture a guess that your themometer is giving you some bad readings.. if you have the warm-ideal-hot thermometers that comes standard on most of those Brinkmann water smokers then you may want to install a better thermometer and make sure it is calibrated in boiling water to read 212 degrees.

You were probably close to 275-300 for it to get done that quick.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky