4th of Juuuuuuuuly Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bearmoe

StickBurners
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 17, 2008
Amherst, NY
Smoked a rack of St. Louis style trimmed spare ribs yesterday morning (standard dry dub applied) (07/03/08). Followed the 3-2-1 method, but left off the 1. After the 3-2 I pulled from the smoker and carved into individual ribs and servings. I coated each piece in KC Masterpiece Original recipe BBQ sauce and placed in the crockpot crock insert. Refrigerated overnight and warmed up for about 4hrs on low in the crockpot prior to serving buffet style on the 4th. Fell off the bone, many raves. Anyone else ever try this or a variation? (Sorry no Q-view; all gone now)

Sounds awesome. I like the concept of reheating in the crock pot - how long did it take? Did you add any liquid?

Edit: Whoops, I see it took four hours :)

I have similar method for the reheat. I leave mine on the smoke the whole time. I will slice them up to serve. I take the leftovers and wrap them in foil and let them stay in the fridge for about three days.

Then on my next smoke (usually within about 3 days) I will take out the ribs about half way through, open the foil a little and put them back on the smoke for about an hour.

The fridge and re-smoke have about the same effect an amplifier has on a guitar. Their is a distinct flavor difference I can't get any other way.

I made sure there was a generous coating of sauce on each piece and didn't add any liquid. Just reheat untill hot. 4hrs. is approx.

I can see where the flavor will be more concentrated. I'll try that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky