4 fatties 4 breakfast 3 savory, one sweet/savory w q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bpopovitz

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Central Indiana
To celebrate my oldest boy's final t-ball game of the season I made 4 fatties.  Omelette, Hashbrowns, Blueberry pancake and Chocolate chip pancake.  All of them were a hit.  I was surpresed aboutt he chocolcate chip pancake.  I worried about the smokiness with the chocolate.  I thought "it worked" and the kids loved it.  Enjoy the Q-view, sorry no "before" of the omelette fatty.

Tennessee pride mild sausage with Hasbrowns, green pepper, salt, granulated garlic Emeril's essence and co-jack

ac01cb4c_DSC_8510.jpg

Tennessee pride mild sausage  with Blueberry pancake and maple syrup

f0c075cb_DSC_8512.jpg

Tennessee pride mild sausage with Chocolcate chip pancakes and maple syrup.

67915b97_DSC_8513.jpg

Ready to rock and roll. I opted to just wrap bacon rahter than weave.  Thought I'd try it to see if it crisps better.  I also kicked up the smoker to about 300 for the last 30 minutes. 

8372616d_DSC_8514.jpg

Everybody in the pool.

18a25bbc_DSC_8516.jpg

and Served

From left to right - choc chip pancake, Blueberry pancake, Hashbrown and Omelette.

a15c713d_DSC_8524.jpg

Hope you enjoyed as much as I did.

wowsers! those look great, guess Im gonna have to try something like that pancake one!!  How about waffles??

Those look pretty awesome -- I wish that my dad would have rocked as hard as you do when I was playing T-ball!
smile.gif

I'm not sure what to think about the pancake ones... I guess it's one of those "don't knock it until you've tried it" things. Kudos on the creativity. That's for sure. It's a hit with the kids and that's the main thing. Well done.

Thanks for the wonderful compliments everyone.  I think I've heard it here before, but the fatty really is kind of a welcome aboard present from the the SMF.  This is really an incredible community and I look forward to logging in everday to read and learn.

l00kin good.

im going to have to try the bacon wrap instead of the weave next time.  those suckers look aerodynamic in the smoker.

cool.gif

Yes you have graduated from the SMF fattie smoking school. You did a fabulous job on your fattie smoke.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

dDigital,

While I like doing the weave, the wrap yielded crispier bacon with less work.  Also try firing up the temp to around 300 for the last 30 minutes assuming you dont have anything else in the smoker at that point....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky