300 Minute Eggs in the Kamado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dr k

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 22, 2013
Peoria, IL
On a previous thread I started (Smoked Eggs in the Shell) Tom @ Mr T 59874 suggested that I Google 300 minute eggs.  This is from what I read a North African way to hard cook eggs that are soft and moist with a nutty buttery flavor.  They traditionally cooked them in hot embers surrounded with sand.  Most of the time they are done in an oven @ 100*c/212*f for five hours.  I opted for the kamado being so warm outside so I didn't heat up the house.  This link is a short overview of the process:  http://fxcuisine.com/default.asp?language=2&Display=64&resolution=high&page=1

Nineteen eggs directly on the grate cooking indirectly @ 212*.

Five hours later it appears that not a damn thing happened other than the dark brown albumen pimples on the egg by the probe.

Light brown throughout the egg white.  The yolk was perfect not dry or flaky.  These will be great for deviled eggs.  Thanks for the recommendation Tom.

Yay another eggsperiment! Now peel them and cold smoke them for a few hours, then make your deviled eggs. Makes awesome egg salad too.

Yay another eggsperiment! Now peel them and cold smoke them for a few hours, then make your deviled eggs. Makes awesome egg salad too.
Yes!... I tried two and gave six to my dad.  I'll  peel then cold smoke the rest with pecan pellets with pepper jack cheese.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky