3 kinds of Pickled Eggs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brekar

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
Kansas City, Az
I made 3 kinds of pickled eggs today. (from Left to Right in pictures). Beer Pickled Eggs, Habanero/Jalapeno/Red Onion Pickled Eggs, and Jalapeno/Red and Pearl Onion Pickled Eggs...

The beer pickled eggs were an idea I randomly found on the internet and decided to try them...
2 cups of beer (Stella Artois)
2 cups of white vinegar.
1 tablespoon of pink Himalayan salt.
1 tablespoon of parsley.

I did taste this before I put eggs in it and it was pleasent, hopefully the eggs take it well.

Fill Jar to top, cap and refrigerate.

The Habanero/Jalapeno/Red Onion Pickled Eggs, and Jalapeno/Red and Pearl Onion Pickled Eggs are all made with the same recipe.

4 cups of malt vinegar.
3 cups of white vinegar.
4 diced jalapeno's.
1 dice habanero.
1 large red onion wedged and pulled apart.
15 large pearl onions.
3 tablespoons of red pepper flakes.
3 tablespoons of powdered garlic.
3 tablespoons of pink Himalayan salt.
15 turns of the cracked pepper "cracker".
1 tablespoon of sugar.

Put all of it into a pot and let it slowly boil for a few moments, till its nice and hot, then pour it into the jars and seal. Once cooled a bit refrigerate them.

Never tried the beer eggs before, but hopefully by the 4th these will be ready to eat and enjoy. When they are opened I'll up date.

20200625_210139.jpg
20200625_212309.jpg

Interesting egg recipes. We only make red beet & smoked eggs. These are not smoked in smoker but put in liquid smoke recipe. They are great to make deviled eggs after soaking for a few days. I'll be waiting for beer eggs reviews.

Interesting recipes. I think I'll give the Habanero/Jalapeno/Red Onion Pickled Eggs are go. They sound and look terrific.

I also made a small batch of pickled beet eggs, but that basically was me just eating 2 jars of my favorite pickled beets and then combining the juice from the jars into 1 jar and tossing in 3 eggs. They are awesome on salad or just alone...

Update - July 4th, 2020. The Eggs were sampled by myself, my brother and our father. The general consensus was that the beer eggs were surprisingly good, a slight hint of the beer I used
(Stella Artois ), with the vinegar, salt and parsley coming through for a nice mellow flavor. I might use a slightly stronger beer next time, like a wheat beer, and maybe some Guinness eggs for St. Patty's Day.
The Habanero/Jalapeno/Red Onion Pickled Eggs, and Jalapeno/Red and Pearl Onion Pickled Eggs were sampled and enjoyed as well. The Habanero eggs were nice, with mild heat at first, with a stronger hint of the burn at the end. It was best in my opinion eaten with the sliced habanero on top of the eggs. The Jalapeno eggs were the same. Yummy, but best eaten with a slice of the pepper involved...

Update July 6th, 2020. Forgot about my Beet Eggs until I found them in the fridge today, so I dug one out and they were amazing. Sweet and tart, with that egg after taste. Brine really got into the eggs well.
20200706_210620.jpg

Reactions: Jabiru
Yum, great recipes you have shared. I will definitely try a couple of these. The colour of those Beet eggs is WOW.

I made some amish mustard eggs and had my Father around for Dinner, first course was Prawn cocktail with a bit of Mustard egg on the side, he tried to squeeze it thinking it was a lemon slice as it was so yellow, we were all in tears of laughter. :emoji_laughing:

Dont think that will happen with your Beet Egg recipe. :emoji_wink:

Been eating Red Beets Eggs since I had teeth. Your flavoring combinations sound great...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky