3 Butts in Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

burksmoke

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 27, 2005
North Central Texas
I got to spend the day yesterday working my butts...lol
Hope I can remember how to post pics.

I did not brine or inject these butts, just rubbed them down and applied smoke (hickory) for 8 hours till they hit 170, I transferred to alum. pan, covered, and then back in for 3 hours till they hit 195.

Sorry I did not get a shot of them pulled. Will try today before the hungry wolves hit the casa.

Burk

Trying again - resized
631ef964_vbattach24478.jpg

30ffbea6_vbattach24479.jpg

b01e592e_vbattach24480.jpg

Looks like they turned out mighty fine
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Now they look mighty fiento me too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks folks. They tasted great. We ate 2 of them the other went to freezer It is nice to have some already smoked stuff in reserve. lol

Looks great Burk, my brother is coming down from Ar. next month and we're spending a week at Lake Fork, gonna try some then. I hope they look as good as yours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky