3# brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

guvna

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Fairfax, VA
let's see, i trimmed a little fat, scored it, no sear, and rubbed it with my homemade rub.  running at 245* with pecan. planning on taking it to 165* and then foiling to 205* just like a butt. i've never done a brisket before but what could possibly go wrong? :)

-guv

Famous Last Words.

It all sounds good so far.

Don't forget to add some sort of liquid in the foil when you wrap it at 165.

icon_cool.gif

Now Bob is giving you some good advice. The only thng I might ad is a spritzing every hour or so when you do something in the smoker. Like change your chips or alnything else you could do.

I would run your smoker chamber temp lower, more in the range of 210-220, brisket is not as forgiving as a pork shoulder so if you are hot enough to "boil" all the liquids out of the meat it will dry out quite a bit in the middle.

thanks! i thought about that, but since i'm pulling it and then using a finishing sauce, i figured i would just get the job done.

I would run your smoker chamber temp lower, more in the range of 210-220, brisket is not as forgiving as a pork shoulder so if you are hot enough to "boil" all the liquids out of the meat it will dry out quite a bit in the middle.

It looks good and I'm sure will come out great

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky