• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

3# brisket

guvna

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 25, 2008
let's see, i trimmed a little fat, scored it, no sear, and rubbed it with my homemade rub.  running at 245* with pecan. planning on taking it to 165* and then foiling to 205* just like a butt. i've never done a brisket before but what could possibly go wrong? :)

-guv

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Famous Last Words.

It all sounds good so far.

Don't forget to add some sort of liquid in the foil when you wrap it at 165.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now Bob is giving you some good advice. The only thng I might ad is a spritzing every hour or so when you do something in the smoker. Like change your chips or alnything else you could do.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
I would run your smoker chamber temp lower, more in the range of 210-220, brisket is not as forgiving as a pork shoulder so if you are hot enough to "boil" all the liquids out of the meat it will dry out quite a bit in the middle.

guvna

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 25, 2008
thanks! i thought about that, but since i'm pulling it and then using a finishing sauce, i figured i would just get the job done.

I would run your smoker chamber temp lower, more in the range of 210-220, brisket is not as forgiving as a pork shoulder so if you are hot enough to "boil" all the liquids out of the meat it will dry out quite a bit in the middle.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
It looks good and I'm sure will come out great

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.