3 2 1 Killer Ribs with Taste O Pics "U Wish"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

john c

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
The Big Smoke ,Toronto
Last night I rubbed down 4 racks of back ribs and let em sit in fridge all night. I fired up the Brinkmann at noon today and she kept steady at 225.
I followed the 3 2 1 recipe up until I had too remove the foil for the last 1 hr. The ribs were way over the specified 172 F doneness.
They were falling apart already so they were served with a hot Habenero Q sauce.
The family loved them and I had too push myself away from the table too stop from totally pigging out.
I had too show my SMF friends the B4 and after shots.
Can't wait for this beauty butt thats waiting in the freezer for Brinkmann !
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

42d45da8_vbattach15279.jpg

d84bd807_vbattach15280.jpg

618b04a8_vbattach15278.jpg

There must be something wrong with your "Taste O Pics". I have been licking your rib pictures on my monitor and cannot taste anything. Either the pictures have a problem or your ribs turned out tasteless?!?!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Once smell-o-vision becomes more widespread, we won't have the problem. Gotta go warm up some left-over baby-backs and Dutch's beans left over from Sunday's smoke for supper. Duty calls...

Good looking food but taste O Pics isn't working very well. Shoulda used lick-a-pic with flavor enhancer 2.0

Thanks for sharing

Looks great to me. John, you were not thinking you made a mistake with the ribs being 172* already and pulled them because of that??
That will always be the case with 3-2-1 ribs and why it is just a starting point for great ribs. The professionals feel 3-2-1 ribs ARE overdone. It will be up to you to adjust the times to get the consistancy of ribs you want.
I do alot at 3-2 1/2- 1/2. The last number allows them to firm up alittle when removing from foil. Good job though, but hopefully you didn't figure you made a mistake, cause you didn't.

Way to go John!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Those little buggers look so perfect that I almost got caught sniffin my monitor again!

Cheers,
Brian

Thanks I appreciate that.
I was worried about them going the final hour like 3 2 1 says, I feared that they would dry up too much.
Not going the last 1 hr. the ribs just fell off the bones and they were super moist and juicey.
Man they were goooood !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky