3 2 1 Killer Ribs with Taste O Pics "U Wish"

Discussion in 'Grilling Pork' started by john c, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Last night I rubbed down 4 racks of back ribs and let em sit in fridge all night. I fired up the Brinkmann at noon today and she kept steady at 225.
    I followed the 3 2 1 recipe up until I had too remove the foil for the last 1 hr. The ribs were way over the specified 172 F doneness.
    They were falling apart already so they were served with a hot Habenero Q sauce.
    The family loved them and I had too push myself away from the table too stop from totally pigging out.
    I had too show my SMF friends the B4 and after shots.
    Can't wait for this beauty butt thats waiting in the freezer for Brinkmann ![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

man that looks t-t-t-tastyyyy[​IMG]

3. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Now thats some good looking ribs! Thanks for sharing.

4. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Looking good Jonny C! [​IMG]

5. oillogger

oillogger Meat Mopper OTBS Member

There must be something wrong with your "Taste O Pics". I have been licking your rib pictures on my monitor and cannot taste anything. Either the pictures have a problem or your ribs turned out tasteless?!?![​IMG]

6. glued2it

glued2it Master of the Pit

man I'm doin some chicken right now, But I want some ribs!

7. blackhawk19

blackhawk19 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I love the pic of the bones, it speaks volumes [​IMG]

8. kew_el_steve

kew_el_steve Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Once smell-o-vision becomes more widespread, we won't have the problem. Gotta go warm up some left-over baby-backs and Dutch's beans left over from Sunday's smoke for supper. Duty calls...

9. deer meat

deer meat Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Great lookin Q-view John C[​IMG]

10. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good looking food but taste O Pics isn't working very well. Shoulda used lick-a-pic with flavor enhancer 2.0

Thanks for sharing

11. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'm with oillogger and pigcicles, they just taste like glass.
    Look great though.

12. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks great to me. John, you were not thinking you made a mistake with the ribs being 172* already and pulled them because of that??
    That will always be the case with 3-2-1 ribs and why it is just a starting point for great ribs. The professionals feel 3-2-1 ribs ARE overdone. It will be up to you to adjust the times to get the consistancy of ribs you want.
    I do alot at 3-2 1/2- 1/2. The last number allows them to firm up alittle when removing from foil. Good job though, but hopefully you didn't figure you made a mistake, cause you didn't.

13. brianj517

brianj517 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Way to go John!!![​IMG] Those little buggers look so perfect that I almost got caught sniffin my monitor again!

Cheers,
    Brian

14. jts70

jts70 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looking good!

15. hillbillysmoker

hillbillysmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking ribs. Congrats.

16. Thanks I appreciate that.
    I was worried about them going the final hour like 3 2 1 says, I feared that they would dry up too much.
    Not going the last 1 hr. the ribs just fell off the bones and they were super moist and juicey.
    Man they were goooood !

17. dbeast420

dbeast420 Fire Starter

Excellent looking bones ya got there.

I found that the cutting back from 2 hrs to 1 hour made a difference for me.

18. squeezy

squeezy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

You just make me proud to be Canadian ... eh!