3-2-1 for babybacks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I agree, and have also modified the 2-2-1, for my kids tastes buds.

They don't care about carmelized sauce.

So for baby backs, its 2 hours in the smoker (at 240*), 2 hours wrapped in foil in the smoker (after spritzing with juice), then 1 hour in the cooler still wrapped in foil.

Sauce is served warm on the side if desired. Kids never want it though.

gethenet, let us know what you do, and experiment! Thats the key to finding whay YOU like!

Good luck

I prefer the 2-2-1 method. You can try both and see what works best for you. I've tried the 3-2-1 method but I thought the BB's were overcooked. Using the 2-2-1 method they taste great and wont fall apart when you try to take them out of the smoker.

depending on ribs and amount to fat in them, with bb's i have done 2-2-1, 3-1-1, also depends how you like your ribs, fallin off the bone, slight chew, or other texture. this is where smokin a few racks helps you figure out how to makeem like you wantem. took me about 4 times to perfect and now can turn out pretty consistant results. practice makes perfect my friend!!!!

I use the 2-2-1 on BB, and 2-3-1 on spares.

2-2-1 is a good starting point for BB's as others have said

gethenet

you are a bastard!

This is a pork-gasm, described as a request thread.

You got game, and we want it!!!

Awesome friend!!!

Nice looking "first try" if you want to call it that. It seems like you got it down already. I hope to do as well. I'm doing my first butt and ribs this weekend. The butt starts tomorrow. The ribs will go on Sunday.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks great and i'll bet they tasted better than that
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Not my first time doing ribs...but it is the first time doing it with the 2-2-1 method. In the past i have just let them go the whole time, without foiling...and I would just spray every hr with apple juice.
To be honest...Im not sure how much diferent this way is from the other.

I will continue to play around with them. I just wish I could figure out the spares...done them a couple times...and everytime...I hated them..not sure if im not doing them long enough...or not trimming them right or what

I just completed my 4th baby back ribs and finally perfected what I like in ribs. I like tender, almost fall off the bone. I don't want to have to cut the ribs to separate them.

For that I did the following:

3 hours at 220 degrees.
1 hour at 275 degrees.
1.5 hours in foil at about 250 degrees.

Perfect for me. Now I just need a decent BBQ sauce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky